Click on the red text to find more information about that subject.
* We believe that salvation is by grace, through faith, and not of works. This means that salvation cannot be earned by any work (church attendance, baptism, repenting of your sins, etc, etc). Salvation is putting your faith in Jesus Christ and that he died, was buried, and rose from the grave to pay for your sin. You receive salvation by simply asking the Lord Jesus Christ to save you.
* We believe in the eternal security of the believer (once saved always saved). Just like there is nothing you can do to earn salvation, there is nothing you can do to lose it.
* We believe that the King James Bible is the Word of God. We believe God inspired and preserved it.
* We believe that Jesus is God in the flesh, and that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Ghost of the Virgin Mary.
* We also believe that Mary did not stay a virgin, but had other children that the scripture mentions.
* We believe in the autonomy of the local church. This means that we are independent of all denominations, conventions, and fellowships. We have Jesus Christ and the Bible as the head of our church and not some Pope, Prophet, President, or Board of directors.
* We believe in the “local church” we reject the teaching of the “universal church”.
* We believe that the unsaved will spend eternity tormented in a literal hell (and eventually the Lake of Fire).
* We reject the teaching of Calvinism and believe that God wants everyone to be saved.
* We believe that abortion is murder and oppose all forms of birth control that end life after conception (fertilization).
* We are Non-dispensational. And believe that the rapture will take place after the tribulation (shortly after the midpoint of the 7 years) but before God pours out His wrath on this earth.
* We oppose worldliness and believe in a holy separated life.
* We take a stand against the Charismatic and Ecumenical movement of our day.
* We believe that sodomy (homosexuality) is a sin and an abomination before God which God punishes with the death penalty. No sodomite (homosexual) will be allowed to attend or join WestCity Bible Baptist Church.
* This is not an all inclusive list; we believe anything and everything found in the King James Version of the Bible.